Pink wallpaper is a stunning addition to nurseries, bedrooms and feature walls, loved by renovators for its elegance and range of shades, from soft pastels to rich tartans. And thanks to advances in wallpaper technology, it’s now easier than ever to apply to walls all by yourself. So you can save some cash on installers, and splash out on that dusty-pink number you’ve had your eye on.
Ready to embrace the pink? From pastel pink to rose tones and everything in between, we’ve taken a deep dive into Australia’s prettiest wallpapers and put our favourites in one spot for you. Enjoy!
Benefits of choosing pink for your walls
- It’s feminine AND masculine. History has shown that pink can be masculine too – think Gatsby’s pink suits of the roaring ’20s.
- Pink plays nicely with other colours. From trending arched mirrors to wooden nursery furniture sets, pink walls pair perfectly with so many other shades.
- It’s associated with kindness. And who doesn’t want more of that in their lives?
- It’s cosy and inviting. Perhaps it’s the red base that draws us in, but a room bedecked with pink wallpaper has a way of welcoming you with open arms.
- Even Pantone loves it! Pink is such a popular colour that it’s popped up numerous times as a Pantone colour of the year. And these special colours are selected by experts based on global trends, so you can’t argue with that!
13 Stunning Pink Wallpaper Products For Bedrooms
From dusty pinks to bold and bright, this lineup has a little bit of everything to suit any kind of room.
Beautifully illustrated with hand-drawn tropical plants, this stunning design from Grafico truly makes the room. It uses water-based, odour-free inks on self-adhesive film, so all you need to do is order your custom width and height, then peel and stick.
Combining 1920s design with a contemporary shade that goes with everything, this paste-on Eco-wallpaper brings a regal touch to your modern home. It uses FSC-certified paper and chemical-free inks, and it comes delivered in 100% recyclable packaging.
In a paste-the-wall format, this non-woven wallpaper by Cole and Son is inspired by porcelain tableware of the 18th and 19th centuries. It comes in a 10m roll and couldn’t be more perfect for formal dining rooms and kids’ spaces. Tea party, anyone?
Packed with glorious hand-drawn palms, we’d love nothing more than to step right into this gorgeous Grafico scene. Not only does it bring tropical vibes to the home, but the clever use of soft blush means it doesn’t need to dominate your room. It has a peel-and-stick format and can be custom-ordered.
If it’s a splash of pizzazz you want on your pink wall, look no further! From Olive et Oriel, this self-adhesive, peel-and-stick wallpaper features a textured pink background with a brushstroke of rose gold. It is made to order and completely customisable to your particular room. Magnifique!
Fancy a stroll through the forest? Us too! Ideal for big and little people who love nature, this premium wallpaper uses a paste-the-wall format for a design to enjoy for years. Whether you use it on a single wall or an entire room, it’s a print that won’t be forgotten.
Made to order in Australia and available in your choice of peel-and-stick or paste-the-wall options, this gingham design is as pretty as it is versatile. From sunrooms to kids’ play zones, it’s a design that will stand the test of time.
Handmade in Australia using eco-friendly and Greenguard-certified inks, this woven pink linen wallpaper peels and sticks easily for a fuss-free application. It can even be repositioned and removed without damaging your paint or plaster. Each piece measures 61cm in width and comes in a choice of four heights.
After a dark pink wallpaper? This exquisite version of a 1950s Swedish design shows just how pretty dark pinks can be on walls, especially when paired with light furnishings. It comes in 10m rolls and sticks to the wall with paste.
With this intricate wallpaper mural in your life, you’ll be sailing away to your happy place day in and day out. It comes in a choice of self-adhesive or paste-the-wall formats and makes a fabulous talking point in contemporary rooms. We love!
Luxe and inviting, this pink linen pinstripe wallpaper by Grafico is right up there on our wishlists. It is custom-made to order and comes in commercial-grade self-adhesive rolls for easy-peasy application. Choose from smooth or textured finishes (we vote textured!).
We can’t get enough of geometric prints – especially when paired with pink! This handmade non-woven wallpaper comes in a 10m repeat-pattern roll and adheres to the wall with paste or glue. Note there is a minimum order quantity of two rolls for this one.
Available to custom order for your room, this tartan wallpaper by Grafico definitely hits the brief for traditional, country and rustic settings. Best of all, because of the customisable nature of these products, you can tweak the colour scheme however you like!
How To Style A Room With Pink Wallpaper
Styling a room with pink walls is actually not as difficult as it might seem. Pink works beautifully with a lot of other popular interior colours and because it comes in such a wide range of tones, you can choose how big a statement you want to make with your walls.
Here are some of the styling ideas for pink rooms that we’re loving right now. And for even more inspiration, don’t miss the top four wallpaper trends of 2024.
- Keep the rest of the room neutral – If you want your wall coverings to be the absolute star of the show, stick to neutral tones for other elements in the room, such as white sheers, a wooden bookcase, natural bed linen or a white dressing table.
- Use complementary colours – If you take a look at the good old colour wheel, you’ll notice that pink and green sit opposite each other. This makes them complementary colours and explains why pink wallpaper looks so dreamy with most shades of green. Whether you bring green to the room in a floor cushion or perhaps a stunning mid-century chair, it’s completely up to you.
- Embrace gold – Like green, yellow and gold tones also look amazing next to pink. Gold-rimmed mirrors work wonderfully against pink wallpaper, especially blush and dusty tones.
- Add other pink tones – By layering other pink elements with your wallpaper, like candle holders or soft furnishings, it’s possible to create a rich, decadent vibe. But don’t overdo it – the aim is elegance, not an ice cream parlour!
Top image: Grafico Coastal Palm Wallpaper
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post, please see our Terms & Conditions.
For even more goodness for bedrooms, take a peek at our shortlist of incredible loft beds available right here in Australia.