With so many options (and opinions!) out there, it’s easy to become overwhelmed when it comes to setting up baby’s nursery. But thankfully, nursery furniture packages help you take care of all of the essentials in one single purchase.
Nursery furniture packages are usually made up of two or more pieces and include any combination of cots, change tables, drawers, bassinets, nursing chairs, mattresses and accessories. Not only does a package often save you money, but it helps you bring the room together quickly and easily. But the absolute best bit? Everything matches.
To help you get baby’s special room sorted sooner, we’ve scouted out Australia’s most beautiful nursery furniture packages and put them in one spot for you. (So you can get on with shopping for more onesies!)
What’s in this article
- How to choose a nursery furniture package?
- 12 Best Nursery Furniture Packages In Australia
- Mocka Aspiring Nursery Package, from $513.05
- B2C Furniture Rio Nursery Package, $867
- Mocka Create Your Own Nursery Package, from $329.98
- Il Tutto Tivoli Cot And Chest Bundle, $1624
- Troll Sun Nursery Furniture Package, $1599
- Incy Interiors Spindle Cot and Chest Package, $2258
- Babyrest Tommi Nursery Package, $2098
- Leander Luna Nursery Package, $2449
- Boori Sleigh Royale Cot With Chest & Mattress, $2839
- Il Tutto Como Cot and Chest Bundle, $1339
- Love N Care Bordeaux Furniture Package, $1249
- Tasman Eco Elyse Cot & Chest Package, $899.99
How to choose a nursery furniture package?
- Remember, safety first – In Australia, we have mandatory safety standards for cots, so when buying one as part of a nursery furniture package, ensure it meets the important requirements. Also, consider the position of windows, shelves and electrical items in the room when choosing baby’s furniture for each part of the room. Items like light switches and cords are especially dangerous.
- Extra storage is always a plus! Babies accumulate a lot of things and you’ll need a spot for everything. Smart nursery furniture that comes with additional storage solutions is always welcome!
- Think long term – Furniture that serves you well into the future is always a sound investment. Examples include changing tables that convert to chests and cots that convert to toddler beds.
- Are you renovating in the near future? If you’re planning on a home renovation or update in the foreseeable future, choose nursery furniture that will work regardless of your new colour schemes and styling. Pining for pink wallpaper in baby’s room? Go for neutral baby furniture that will work seamlessly with it.
12 Best Nursery Furniture Packages In Australia
Furniture gives rooms their feeling, so dive into our curated shortlist and create the perfect space for your precious bundle. How did we choose? We looked for value, aesthetics and most importantly, practicality. Because practical furniture makes all the difference for busy families.
Fresh and functional, Mocka’s Aspiring nursery package includes the bestselling Aspiring cot in a choice of three colourways: white, natural and white or natural. The innerspring mattress comes with a poly-cotton cover and the roomy change table includes loads of storage space.
- Aspire cot
- Innerspring cot mattress
- Aspire change table
- Change mat
The gender-neutral Rio package features a two-tone colour scheme for extra versatility when styling the room. Gender-neutral, it includes a two-in-one cot and toddler bed, guard rail and changing table – all crafted from sustainably sourced hardwood.
- Convertible cot/toddler bed
- Toddler side guard rail
- Changing table
We know. Sometimes you love one piece but not another in a particular package. But, Mocka’s fabulous ‘Create Your Own Nursery Package’ lets you choose exactly what goes into it. Select from five cots, two mattresses and four change tables – if you can! Some of these packages include popular cots like the Aspiring, Boston and Aspen.
- Cot Mattress
- Change Table
Is your heart set on blue? Look no further than this spectacular nursery furniture package from Il Tutto. Comprising a convertible cot, a roomy storage chest and a deluxe innerspring mattress, the Tivoli has everything you need to set up baby’s room in style. The cot features teething rails and the chest includes a changer top, meaning you don’t need to buy a separate change table.
- Tivoli Cot in Navy
- Tivoli Chest in Navy
- Deluxe Innerspring Mattress
Exquisitely crafted in Sweden from European birchwood, the Troll Sun bundle is truly a labour of love. The cot features two levels, stunning rounded corners plus open panels at both ends for great vision and airflow. The dresser is handle-free for extra safety and comes with self-closing drawers.
- Troll Sun Cot (whitewash or white)
- Troll Sun Dresser
- Cot Mattress
A gorgeous balance of traditional elegance and modern charm, the Spindle package from Incy Interiors has completely stolen our hearts. It comes with the crisp white curved Georgia Cot and the Lucy Change Table complete with antique-style spindle accents. There’s even a mattress and change table thrown in for good measure.
- Georgia Cot
- Lucy Change Table
- Cot Mattress
- Change Table Pad
Loved by parents across the country, the Tommi Nursery Package from Babyrest is designed with longevity in mind. The cot offers baby a safe place to snooze from birth right through to the toddler years when it converts to a junior bed. And the stylish spacious chest of drawers looks just as fabulous in kids’ and guest rooms as in the nursery.
- Tommi Cot (in oak/white or white)
- Tommi Chest (in oak/white or white)
From Danish nursery experts comes a spectacular furniture package worthy of any modern Australian home. It includes the Leander Luna Cot, with two levels and angled bars; and the matching Leander Dresser, with leather handles. If you want to go one step further, the Leander Cot Canopy Rod is available separately.
- Leander Luna Cot
- Leander Luna Dresser
- Leander Comfort Mattress
Loved and trusted for its use of sustainably sourced wood and sweeping curves, the award-winning Boori Sleigh Cot is built to last – and last! This fuss-free package includes your choice of Sleigh Cot plus the matching chest of drawers, which double as changing tables. With a cot mattress thrown in, this package will have baby’s room looking breathtaking in no time.
- Sleigh Royale Cot (coffee colour)
- Sleigh 3-Drawer Chest
- Bonnell Spring Organic Mattress
Available in a choice of ‘distressed oak’ or ‘distressed white with rosewood,’ this bundle delivers designer looks with all the practicality you need in bub’s early years. The spacious chest of drawers comes with a nappy change top, which can be completely removed if you want to repurpose the chest later on. Handy, right?
- Como Cot in Distressed Oak or Distressed White / Rosewood
- Como Chest of Drawers with removable nappy changer
Finished in an ash hue and boasting lovely clean lines, the Love N Care Bordeaux Cot and Chest will look picture-perfect in contemporary homes. The cot has two levels and converts to a toddler bed when baby is ready. The dresser comes with a detachable changer top, allowing you to get good use out of it well beyond the nappy years.
- Bordeaux Cot
- Bordeaux Chest
- Cot Mattress
Easy to assemble and made using sustainably sourced materials, the Taman Eco Elyse Cot gives little humans a beautiful place to rest from birth until well past their third birthday. The three-drawer unit has smooth runners for quiet opening and flat handles to prevent climbing. With a mattress and bedding pack also included, all that’s left is choosing your decor.
- Elyse Cot
- Elyse 3-Drawer Chest
- Pocket Spring Mattress
- Tasman Eco Fitted Sheet and Mattress Protector Pack
Nursery furniture varies in cost depending on the brand and piece. In Australia, expect to pay anywhere from approximately $140 to $2000 for baby cots and from $100 to $1000 for change tables. Nursery furniture packages range from around $500 to several thousand depending on where you shop and what’s included.
A cot and a change table are the two most essential pieces of furniture for a nursery. Other handy pieces include a chest of drawers for all of baby’s sweet outfits and a nursing chair for feeding.
The best way to save money on nursery furniture is to look for package options and/or wait for major annual sales. The best times of the year to score bargains on nursery furniture are mid-year and end-of-year stocktake sales and Black Friday, which typically occurs at the end of November.
Newborns need a safe place to sleep from day one, so a bassinet or cot is essential. You’ll also need a change table, fully stocked with nappies! If you plan on feeding baby in the nursery, you will also need a purpose-built nursing chair.
Top image: Il Tutto Como Nursery Bundle
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post, please see our Terms & Conditions.
After sleep solutions for older kids? Check out Australia’s favourite king single trundle beds!