Choosing the facade of a new home is a huge decision that not only affects the value of a house but its entire look and feel. And if your dream facade includes a pared-back look with minimalist vibes and the perfect amount of texture, brushed concrete cladding is the answer.
What is concrete cladding?
Concrete cladding is an external building material that gives the effect of brushed concrete but comes in convenient shiplap panels. It saves time when it comes to installation and eliminates the need for hiring specialist trades to achieve the artisan-inspired finish.
Hardie™ Brushed Concrete Cladding is made up of fibre-cement panels embedded with a unique texture. It delivers all the tactile beauty of brushed concrete with none of the fuss – and can be painted in any colour you choose.
This revolutionary building product sits flawlessly next to other profiles of external cladding, like Stria™ Cladding, for example. But, it also works as a standalone product beautifully.
Perhaps best of all, Hardie™ Brushed Concrete Cladding involves a streamlined four-step installation process. It’s the quickest way to nail a sophisticated, concrete-look facade with loads of interest.
Features of Hardie™ Brushed Concrete Cladding
- Saves time – A simple installation process frees up time for other important tasks (like choosing your new decor!)
- Panels are pre-sealed – Hardie™ Brushed Concrete Cladding comes sealed and ready to paint any colour you want
- Embedded texture – Panels appear smooth from a distance and textured up close
- Non-combustible – The product is fire-resistant to BAL40 (when used with Hardie™ Smart Wall Systems)
- Reduced wastage – Panels come in four lengths for faster, more efficient installation and less waste
- Durable and tough – Resistant to swelling, warping, termites, rot and moisture
- Complements other cladding products – After a mixed-material effect? Use concrete cladding with other Hardie™ products for a visually intriguing finish
- Peace of mind – Backed by a 30-year warranty.
Bennett House By FutureFlip
If there was ever a perfect example of concrete cladding done to perfection, it’s Bennett House. Designed and built by Neil Hipwell of Futureflip, the Sydney home was one of the first in Australia to use Hardie™ Brushed Concrete Cladding, and the result is spectacular.
“We wanted to create a minimalist, box-modern façade so it was the perfect solution with its subtle texture it absolutely suited our clients’ low-fuss, low-key lifestyle”Neil Hipwell, Futureflip
According to Neil, the textured, flowing lines of Hardie™️ Brushed Concrete Cladding gives modern facades tactile interest. It looks smooth from standing further back or driving past, but up close the textured surface becomes more noticeable.
Bennett House uses Wattyl Solagard Invisibility Cloak, a shade of white that bounces light off the property, directing it into the living zones and hallway of the house.
And while the cladding provides a high-impact first impression of Bennett House, the modern story continues inside through the use of lean lines and fresh neutrals.
A statement fireplace, oversized windows and polished concrete floors are among the stand-out features that left us gushing. And then there’s the incredible kitchen window splashback that brings the outside in.
For a box-modern home aiming for maximum curb appeal, concrete cladding was a perfect choice.
James Hardie is a proud partner of the Making HOME renovation series.
After more inspiration for your home’s exterior? Take a peek at how the Kings Meadows build used multiple cladding products for the perfect finish.